Top 5 reasons to choose a living shoreline:
- A living shoreline provides important habitat for many plants and animals that need to live in coastal environments, including birds, fish, mammals, reptiles, and many native plants.
- Living shorelines can trap sediments and pollutants improving the water quality around your home for swimming and fishing.
- Plants located along the shoreline will help slow waves naturally, preventing erosion and damage to your property and because living shorelines connect land with the water, they will adapt to changing conditions and move inland as sea level rises.
- By choosing a living shoreline, you are making your property better aesthetically and allowing for access to the water for recreation, fishing, boating, or whatever you love to do along the coast.
- You can take pride in choosing an environmentally friendly option for your property and doing your part to protect our shorelines .